..: How I See Things :..

..: How I See Things :..

Friday, December 21, 2007

The Life of a Cornhusker:

Well, I found my way back to the cornfields of Nebraska last week! I left Meemaw and Poppy's just in time to miss the storms there and then to beat the one that was approaching here. Waking up the next morning was wonderful- as I looked out the window, I saw 10" of freshly fallen snow covering the landscape. It was so great, and just puts you in the Christmas mood! There's nothing like a good taste of classic holiday cheer in the form of that fluffy fun stuff! However, I must admit, It's just not the same without those Colorado mountains in the background. This kind of weather is LOVELY, but it just makes me want to go carve up a mountainside.

So far while I've been here, I have been able to go shopping a lot, play a ridiculous amount of skipbo, golf, and pick, and have some good quality time with my parents. This is great because upon arrival, I immediately checked my e-mail to see if I had some exciting news coming my way, and in fact, I did! I learned that I have been assigned to NEW ZEALAND for Youth in Mission- my first pick! :)



Yeah, this could be me... HOW NEAT IS THAT? Or maybe I could go here...



Now, that's what I call living it up!

I can't tell you how excited I am about travel across the Pacific Ocean and experiencing life in another country! I want to meet new people, see new things, learn about where they are coming from, look at my life differently- through a new perspective! I have been feeling so confused for so long, and this new adventure that lies ahead of me is something that has given me a new strength and once again has ignited my passion for living. No, I have not been a bump on a log these past months, but nothing was changing. I know that sometimes the most wonderful things in life are the average and mundane things, but I feel that when opportunities like this arise, that they are there to heighten our level of drive and passion for life.

Who wouldn't be pumped about going here?



What makes this more exciting is the fact that yesterday morning, I received my Christmas gift! Say hello to my new little friend:




I must admit, though. This is my Christmas, Birthday, and Good Student gift from my parents that I had to go in on, but oh my goodness, it was worth it! This beaut is one SEXY camera if I can say that... This mission trip and this camera are things that I have been graciously given the opportunity to go on/ receive. I feel like I did when I got my car for graduation... I just don't deserve such wonderful things!

All this is so great, but as I sit here, I am dealing with my body not feeling so well. That is something that I just wouldn't like to deal with while I'm on vacation from school. Nothing serious, but it hinders me from doing things I would like to do. HOWEVER, this gives me the opportunity to do things inside such as:

1. Watch the 6 hours of Pride & Prejudice I just got.
2. Read Just Jane, the book I am currently reading... it's a good one... every girl should read it.
3. Paint on Chelsea's picture.
4. Paint my own creation that I've concocted in my head on the drive up here.
5. Play Skipbo several times.
6. Play with my going deaf, going blind, yet still cute little Fibi.
7. Sleep until my heart's desire.

All of those options sound wonderful... maybe I will multi-task and combine some. How many options do I have? I think that in 7th grade, we had problems like this... 7!, right? 7*6*5*4*3*2*1... that would be... 5,040 options today with just those 7 listed activity choices. Now, I know there are many more activities I could do, but I don't have time to think of them and and then calculate them.

My mood: COMPLETELY EXCITED
My mind: Racing
My body: Alright
My heart: Full of love

No comments: