..: How I See Things :..

..: How I See Things :..

Monday, December 24, 2007

Dr. Phil

As I was playing skip-bo on the livingroom floor this afternoon in my grandparents' house, I sat with my dad and watched Dr. Phil. The particular episode was dealing with "nasty neighbors."

On this show there were two scenerios about fueding neighbors. The reasons for their arguments aren't what I am so concerned about, however they were quite the topics, but I actually want to talk about how they were acting.

I have never in my life seen a group of adults act so childish and selfish in my life! I was amazed at their arguments as I heard their stories. Dr. Phil was even getting annoyed at their behavior. This sort of behavior that they were displaying was a prime example of the selfishness and coldheartedness in society. No longer do we take on a servant's heart and give to others, but we get in the mindset of "better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven."

How hard is it to just let go and try and work things out? Their first way of taking care of the matters are to file lawsuits. Please tell me what that will accomplish? I will tell you the answer right now- NOTHING.

I know that it is hard to love those that irritate you and constantly harass you... but these people, instead of just letting it go, they give the other person a reason to continue their behavior by retalliating and causing a scene. That is just what is wanted by the other person.

I could go on, but I just think that people now-a-days are just flat out selfish. I know it might sound a little 1st graderish, but honestly, if you don't have something nice to say at all... JUST DON'T TALK! Be the bigger person, and walk away. Treat that person with love even though they don't deserve it. Extend that grace that has been given to you. Sometimes I don't know if I will be able to do that, but I know that God wilk give me the peace and wisdom I need in those situations.

I guess you learn a lot while playing a card game by yourself! :)

No comments: