..: How I See Things :..

..: How I See Things :..

Monday, February 4, 2008

Moments


Cherish them.

I hope you never forget to take the time to enjoy life for what it is and be thankful for what you have- life! There are gifts from God all around you... we just don't take the time to sit back and really NOTICE all of them. Here are a few for some examples:


A hug from a dear friend.
Dancing in the car like no one is watching... even if they are... and you're acting like a fool.
Having toilet paper... when you really need it. (trust me... thats a BLESSING)
A simple, yet at the same time, intricate purple daisy sitting on your desk, beaconing you to smell it.
A warm cup of coffee that not only warms your finger tips, but also your inmost parts.
A camera in your hand, the wind in your face, the sun on your back, and a song in you heart.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
All I know is that I encountered God this weekend... in a very real and intimate way. I was alone out in His wonderful gift to us, and while I had no one to share it with for a while, I was still amazed by it all. Sometimes it just takes your breath away, but oh, I love it when that happens.

I challenge you: look for God this week, and seek Him in a real and intimate way. There are many times we overlook blessings from God because we get distracted with homework, an attractive member of the opposite sex, or the other million obligations we have in life. Take the time to notice the little things. You will soon find out that the little things... the little moments... well, in fact, they aren't so little after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it